Sister Blandine Fleming

 Sister Blandine Fleming was born in Co. Cork, Ireland, the third youngest of eight children. After the death of her mother, she was raised by her cousin who greatly influenced her life. Mom, as she affectionately called her, prayed daily for her vocation to religious life. Her choice to become a Sister was rooted in her early association with her teachers who encouraged her to be idealistic and to aspire to high spiritual goals. One day she was visited by a cousin, Sister Bertille O’Sullivan, CCVI, and was inspired by her joy in serving Jesus Christ who was suffering in the person of a multitude of sick and infirm of every kind. She decided to become a member of the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Houston, Texas.

Sister Blandine made her First Profession of Vows in 1951, and Perpetual Profession of Vows in 1956.

She has served in hospitals in Texas, Oklahoma, California and Louisiana in Medical Records, Hospital Administration, Foundation Board and as a Patient Visitor. Throughout her religious life, she has been positively influenced by the lives of those she ministered to every day.

Reflecting on her many years in ministry, Sister Blandine said that one of her happiest experiences was when she was at St. Francis Hospital, Tulsa, Oklahoma, where the staff and physicians worked hard to develop a strong family spirit. This effort enabled them to focus on the Healing Ministry of Christ as their first priority in health care.

Sister Blandine is enjoying her current ministry at CHRISTUS Schumpert Medical Center, Shreveport, Louisiana. She is grateful to God for her faith, family, Congregation, and for all those, living and deceased, who have enriched her life. She prays that God will call others to serve Him in the Congregation.

Languages


Calendar of Activities


 
Link to Past Issues of


DVD Cover

A limited number of the DVD Called to Serve is available upon request for those interested in learning more about the mission and ministry of the Congregation. (Intro only on website)

DVD Cover

Since December 8, 1927, The Conventual Church of the Immaculate Conception has been the central place of worship for the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Houston, Texas.

 

Stained Glass Cross Image